GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 4 years, 10 months
4 profile views
Last seen Aug 8 '18 at 20:55
- Stack Overflow 145.7k 145.7k 2121 gold badges231231 silver badges370370 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4.6k 4.6k 1515 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Super User 2.8k 2.8k 1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.4k 2.4k 1111 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.2k 2.2k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1825 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 395 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 269 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 190 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 179 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 121 Why does this delay-loop start to run faster after several iterations with no sleep?
- 93 Why does my browser think that https://184.108.40.206 is secure?
- View more network posts →