Embedded Processor Wizard, well seasoned and steeped in the MIT Media Lab culture of building cool things.
For the last several decades, I've thrived on cramming lots of functionality into tiny processors. One of my specialities is exploiting the properties of single chip devices (e.g. GPIO ports, PWM timers, etc) to create robust designs with minimal parts count.
My first startup, Ember Corporation (bought by Silicon Labs) ushered in the Internet of Things by releasing the first microcontrollers with embedded wireless mesh networking. Long before Ember, I made 6502, Z80 and PIC processors jump through hoops to control laser printers, environmental sensors, audio devices, lighting systems and electronic whoopee cushions.
More recently, I've been working with RPi, various Arduino (including Intel Arduino 101), Freescale/NXP KL2xx, and I look forward creating new things on the ESP32, GR8, AM335x and/or nRF52 family of processors.
Member for 6 years
0 profile views
Last seen Feb 14 '15 at 6:25
- Stack Overflow 28.5k 28.5k 2020 gold badges107107 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 725 725 11 gold badge55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 483 483 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Ask Different 203 203 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Code Review 193 193 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 615 Is it possible to insert multiple rows at a time in an SQLite database?
- 155 Rails 2.3-style plugins and deprecation warnings running task in Heroku
- 94 Delayed Job not processed in rspec
- 87 How can I clear previous output in Terminal in Mac OS X?
- 77 how to handle exceptions in JSON based RESTful code?
- 73 How can I capture STDOUT to a string?
- 72 How do I check if a class is defined?
- View more network posts →