I'm offering my services as an online tutor for Python on TeachStreet. And if you feel like giving me a tip for a good answer, send me some Bitcoins at 1bDMa8UcyHX71kNJUVcCyrDCkum3TDybQ.
I've been programming since I was 8. I started with Apple Basic, then Timex Sinclair (ZX-81 at the time) Basic. After that I discovered the list of op-codes next to the ASCII chart in my ZX-81 manual. I began to compile my own hand-lettered sheets that put all the addressing modes of a given instruction in the same place so I could more easily handle-assemble small machine language programs.
It's gone on from there. The learning never ends.
Currently I do most of my programming in Python and C++ on Linux. I have a strong preference for Open Source software.
I've noticed that this site tends to have a slight bias for existing members. Members with a higher reputation tend to be voted up more even if their answer is very similar to someone else's with a lower reputation.
- Stack Overflow 42.4k 42.4k 1212 gold badges107107 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 936 936 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 463 463 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Code Review 290 290 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 264 264 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 290 Generating an MD5 checksum of a file
- 226 C fopen vs open
- 154 How do I call ::std::make_shared on a class with only protected or private constructors?
- 115 How to round the minute of a datetime object python
- 110 Why does the expression 0 < 0 == 0 return False in Python?
- 101 How do I call ::std::make_shared on a class with only protected or private constructors?
- 99 How to abort a merge in mercurial?
- View more network posts →