At this site, my answer for “What is the correct way to refer to LINUX/UNIX generically” collected 6 upvotes and is now listed among my best postings at Stack Exhange. Although (apart of its structure) it doesn’t contain anything that couldn’t be googled in few minutes. Answers showing in-depth knowledge usually stay at about 0‒1 and, on the opposite pole, we see this answer (for this question) flagged as inappropriate by regulars and later deleted by moderator terdon.
Another demonstration of median level of knowledge among local populace is given by
“ People who don't work with *nix professionally have neither the time, nor the inclination to read such technical documents and wouldn't understand it if they did. That's why they're asking us! ”
Member for 5 years, 1 month
15 profile views
Last seen Sep 14 '15 at 19:19
- Unix & Linux 1.4k 1.4k 1111 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.2k 1.2k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Physics 721 721 55 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 502 502 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 330 330 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 67 What happened to electrolytic capacitors in the 21st century?
- 28 What is the exact difference between a 'terminal', a 'shell', a 'tty' and a 'console'?
- 15 How Linux uses /dev/tty and /dev/tty0
- 14 ♢ ⧫ ⬠: the fourth kind of Penrose tiling?
- 11 Convert Text File Encoding
- 10 Was Russia the only country in WWII that succeeded in expansionist war aims?
- 10 Distinction between problems (such as equations), and universal truths
- View more network posts →