I like to answer questions in the unix.stackexange.com community the most since I have been using UNIX and Linux for decades. My favorite OS right now is CentOS 6 with OpenVZ virtualization extensions, but I have used Slackware, and do use Debian and Ubuntu as server operating systems at work.
That said, these days I use Windows 7 on the desktop more than I use *NIX.
I have written MaraDNS, a notable open-source DNS server for both CentOS Linux (but written using portable code, making it relatively easy to port to other *NIX variants) and Windows (partial port).
Member for 5 years, 7 months
20 profile views
Last seen Feb 8 '14 at 2:29
Top network posts
- 67 What's the meaning of a dot before a command in shell?
- 14 Shutdown my (backup) hard disk on Linux when I don't use it
- 13 How to change the user timezone?
- 9 Why restrict the number of inodes a user can access?
- 8 How is the order in which tar works on files determined?
- 8 Install mono and Monodevelop on a new Redhat 6.5 Workstation
- 6 Is Alcoholics Anonymous effective?
- View more network posts →