I'm interested in the future direction of computers. I don't like bloatware, I don't like featureitis. I don't like the way GUI's seem to want to hide the real OS from you. I'm a late comer to Linux, having spent too much time clinging to DOS. I write C fluently and am trying to learn bash, then python. I find Linux to be still too confusing for the average user and too many developers seem to want to make it as 'dumb' as Windows. I'm driving LMDE for now and find it pretty decent.
Vancouver BC Canada
Member for 6 years, 9 months
1 profile view
Last seen Feb 10 '18 at 16:54
Top network posts
- 24 combine the best of 'du' and 'tree'
- 21 key bindings table?
- 15 string substitutions: all occurrences
- 15 can 'dd' be used to clone to a smaller HDD, knowing that partitions will need editing?
- 12 key bindings table?
- 8 How do we simulate a mouse click with Xlib / C?
- 6 Why do some scripts need constant re-sourcing during debian init?
- View more network posts →