hi. im a us army disabled veteran with an attitide and a tendency toward destitution.
stackexchange helped me to learn quite a lot at the cost of many thousands of hours of applied research and practice. what you find here authored of me is not the work of a paid professional; im just this guy, you know?
i subsist on military disability pay and try to get arrested as seldom as possible.
if ive helped you, buy me something. send me a gift card. eat my shorts.
im michael holmes hodgin, and i approve this message.
thanks for stopping by.
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/mikeserv
(artwork courtesy of drobert, who gave me the holy ghost avatar)
Member for 7 years
204 profile views
Last seen Oct 24 '19 at 8:26
- Unix & Linux 52.3k 52.3k 77 gold badges9090 silver badges196196 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 626 626 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Academia 601 601 44 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Code Review 221 221 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 205 205 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 231 Why *not* parse `ls` (and what to do instead)?
- 66 How does `yes` write to file so quickly?
- 58 Is the shell ksh93 dead?
- 51 How should bathroom breaks be handled during written exams to avoid cheating?
- 48 How to add new lines when using echo
- 42 Is dash or some other shell "faster" than bash?
- 41 Remove all files/directories except for one file
- View more network posts →