I have designed and worked on GCC MELT (a high level domain specific language to ease development of GCC extensions, free software, GPLv3+). I'm working in France, near Paris, at CEA, LIST as a research engineer. I'm now working on bismon (a successor in spirit to GCC MELT), with funding (in 2018-2021) from H2020 CHARIOT and DECODER projects.
I am an enthusiast of free software, and know quite well Linux (which I am using since 1994)
I think that high-level languages are important, and that declarative knowledge-based systems should be more used (see J.Pitrat's blog ...)
You might contact me by an email to
net but please give the URL of your question in your message.
I was born in 1959, I am a man, a husband, a grand father, and have a PhD in CS (artificial intelligence, 1990, Paris LIP6) and graduated from ENS Cachan.
My native tongue is French. My parents spoke Russian to me. In Russian my full name is Василий Дмитриевич Старынкевич ; in English my first (christian) name is spelled Basil. If you send me an email to email@example.com use French, or English, or Russian and mention the URL of your question. My Russian spelling is so bad that I dare not use it in emails (so I would answer in English to any Russian email).
PS. I intend to continue working on persistent reflexive systems during retirement, e.g. in http://refpersys.org/ .... I find H2020 projects excessively bureaucratic: its paperwork is really overwheling.
- Stack Overflow 189.7k 189.7k 1515 gold badges199199 silver badges415415 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 29.6k 29.6k 55 gold badges7070 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 8.7k 8.7k 2222 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Academia 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Super User 1k 1k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 239 What are good habits for designing command line arguments?
- 158 Why are multiple programming languages used in the development of one product or piece of software?
- 153 Why are there so few C compilers?
- 139 How do I use CMake?
- 130 Unusual usage of .h file in C
- 128 Why do you need to put #!/bin/bash at the beginning of a script file?
- 108 Why is C++ template use not recommended in a space/radiated environment?
- View more network posts →