Have a look at my AskUbuntu profile for more information about me.
This here is one of the SE sites where I filter for tags and keywords related to Chromebooks. I have some experience with Linux Apps (Crostini) and installing Gallium OS on Chromebooks. I took a look at Crouton around 2014 and decided that it is not for me and I won't recommend it to others. Generally if users show up here asking unusual Linux questions with Chromebook background you should be careful to apply your typical Linux administration knowledge and take a deeper dive into Linux and how ChromeOS developers implemented their OS and features to onboard a new generation of Linux users.
The Crostini is a good start: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crostini/wiki/index
- Ask Ubuntu 26.9k 26.9k 2424 gold badges9898 silver badges200200 bronze badges
- Anime & Manga 821 821 11 gold badge88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 804 804 22 gold badges77 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Hardware Recommendations 638 638 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- German Language 495 495 11 gold badge33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 262 Is FFmpeg missing from the official repositories in 14.04?
- 194 Where are MTP mounted devices located in the filesystem?
- 148 How to create UEFI-only bootable USB live media?
- 124 How to create UEFI-only bootable USB live media?
- 63 Hibernation is still missing from menu in 13.10 after enabling via polkit. How to enable?
- 53 Hibernation is still missing from menu in 13.10 after enabling via polkit. How to enable?
- 50 How to configure ADB access for Android devices?
- View more network posts →