Daddy, Linux Guy, Bicyclist, Tinkerer, Fixer & Breaker of things.
I work as a Senior SYstem Engineer at the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) in Berkeley, CA.
Father of 3 cute children. Yes I'm a sysadmin and a parent.
Heavy user of CentOS, RHEL & FreeBSD for production services at work. I also run Ubuntu at home, for the simplicity. I'm a fan of Apache HTTP Server, Nagios & Cacti.
Original proposer of unix.stackexchange.com (Yes, this proposal predated askubuntu.com, and I wish they would have merged with the Unix proposal.).
- Server Fault 21.7k 21.7k 3636 gold badges125125 silver badges182182 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 17k 17k 2222 gold badges6464 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 14.6k 14.6k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Web Applications 4k 4k 66 gold badges3030 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 3.8k 3.8k 55 gold badges2626 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1220 How can I write a heredoc to a file in Bash script?
- 277 Colorizing your terminal and shell environment?
- 206 linux: How can I view all UUIDs for all available disks on my system?
- 185 How can I populate a file with random data?
- 166 SSH use only my password, Ignore my ssh key, don't prompt me for a passphrase
- 124 How can I see Time-To-Live (TTL) for a DNS record?
- 99 Gmail & Google Docs: Paste just the text, not the formatting (Firefox, Safari)
- View more network posts →