Important: StackExchange Inc. has been exhibiting inappropriate conduct, in my opinion. For shame! Please visit if that troubles you.
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Computing, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I've post-doc'ed at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
- Stack Overflow 69.7k 69.7k 3232 gold badges177177 silver badges360360 bronze badges
- Academia 32.3k 32.3k 22 gold badges5555 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 16.1k 16.1k 66 gold badges3131 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.8k 9.8k 66 gold badges4343 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 7.2k 7.2k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 623 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 603 Update: an agreement with Monica Cellio
- 500 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 302 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 265 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 240 What is std::move(), and when should it be used?
- 230 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- View more network posts →