Dual US/UK national Linux & Network Engineer providing enterprise solutions since 2001. Before becoming an IT contractor, I served as an NYPD Transit Bureau Task Force Police Officer & Sgt. in US Army Special Forces. I'm UK based, but accept international engagements, one of which was as an Network & Infrastructure engineer in Northern Nigeria for the Polio Program.
Opensource Projects I've Developed & Maintain:
-"postfix-autoBlacklisting": Auto-prepends IPs of spammers found in
/etc/postfix/access. Runs as a SystemD service from a SystemD timer.
- "pi-ap": Automates config of a Pi 3B+/4 into a WiFi AP with almost zero user input.
- "open-ipcamera": Automates config of a RPi into a streaming & motion detection camera w/ Dropbox cloud storage
- Raspberry Pi 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge44 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1k 1k 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Ask Different 827 827 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 372 372 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 341 341 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 17 What is the difference between venv, pyvenv, pyenv, virtualenv, virtualenvwrapper, pipenv, etc?
- 9 Choosing a Pi4 power supply
- 9 Set Firefox as default browser to open links in Gmail
- 8 Set Firefox as default browser to open links in Gmail
- 8 Why is it better to use "#!/usr/bin/env NAME" instead of "#!/path/to/NAME" as my shebang?
- 7 One Time Pads and "Bit Flip" Attacks
- 7 Power a MacBook Off-Grid
- View more network posts →