I am a IT professional with 30 years of experience.
I have met with technology generations and adapted to what came up available and was appropriate to solve current problem. So I will not list everything I played with.
I started with mini-systems Bull DPS-61, IBM-36, Nixdorf Quatro, reel tapes, chain printers, tiny emerald/amber monochrome monitors, heavy-duty hardware, keyboards that would break your feet if it felt on it... and am now with system administration, intelligent monitoring software with LiveMon.
Although I tend to invest more time in proven tech like Unix/Linux rather than the newest shiny. I have been tech and support all the way to now, because I like it. I like being helpful and increasing my own knowledge.
I prefer open-source over closed source solutions but will pick whatever is good if I have good reasons.
Top network posts
- 24 Do dragons smell of lilacs?
- 15 How do I prompt for Yes/No/Cancel input in a Linux shell script?
- 8 How to format a floating point for display based on locale environment variables?
- 7 Removing colors from output
- 7 Add text to start of each line after grep
- 7 How to loop over jq unique array in bash?
- 7 how to decode a base64 string into human readable characters on gnome terminal
- View more network posts →