Growing up, I was always sure I wanted to either become a developer or a writer. Finally, I made my choice. I would be a writer. Then I got a job as a developer by a fluke and that was that. I still write a bit. If I'd ended up being a writer, I'd probably still hack a bit.
Indeed I still hack a bit, in that there's no better way to relax after a hard day's programming than to kick back and do a bit of programming. Right now my favourite off-the-clock project is contributing to CoreFX. That would seem to be the main reason I was made a Microsoft MVP in 2016 and 2017, though I think that I've a few answers on SO helped a bit.
Member for 2 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 7 '19 at 10:38
- Stack Overflow 96.3k 96.3k 99 gold badges122122 silver badges220220 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 49.4k 49.4k 11 gold badge9898 silver badges179179 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.9k 1.9k 99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 738 738 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 903 Do I need Content-Type: application/octet-stream for file download?
- 333 LINQ: Not Any vs All Don't
- 146 Performance of static methods vs instance methods
- 131 Why does "quadratic" describe second power when "quad" means "four"?
- 122 What are the differences between struct and class in C++?
- 89 bool operator ++ and --
- 77 What's the C#-idiomatic way for applying an operator across two lists?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.