I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition and, at the moment, Arch.
My Linux expertise, if I can grace it with such a lofty title, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
519 profile views
Last seen 2 hours ago
- Unix & Linux♦ 153.8k 153.8k 3939 gold badges299299 silver badges479479 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 75.7k 75.7k 1414 gold badges152152 silver badges238238 bronze badges
- Super User 44.5k 44.5k 1111 gold badges101101 silver badges150150 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 19.5k 19.5k 1313 gold badges6868 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Biology 12k 12k 55 gold badges4040 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1021 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 761 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 343 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 251 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 210 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 186 What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 186 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- View more network posts →