Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 8 years, 1 month
590 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- Unix & Linux♦ 175.7k 175.7k 4646 gold badges339339 silver badges531531 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 82.7k 82.7k 1515 gold badges165165 silver badges256256 bronze badges
- Super User 46.8k 46.8k 1111 gold badges105105 silver badges156156 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.1k 20.1k 1414 gold badges7272 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.1k 18.1k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1108 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 827 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 634 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 421 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 304 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 240 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 223 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →