Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
- Unix & Linux♦ 202.6k 202.6k 5555 gold badges385385 silver badges583583 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 89.2k 89.2k 1515 gold badges179179 silver badges276276 bronze badges
- Super User 48.9k 48.9k 1212 gold badges110110 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 20.9k 20.9k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.4k 20.4k 1717 gold badges7777 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1200 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 885 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 656 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 497 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 357 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 246 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 243 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →