Computational linguist, among other things.
I prefer composable applications, text-based output formats, provable algorithms, and simplicity.
The desire for composability rules out most graphical applications, so I find myself primarily living in the Unix CLI. Desiring composability both within and between applications, coupled with a desire for provability, leads naturally to the use of Haskell. I also find myself using assembly, C, POSIX shell, AWK, and other programming languages when the situation warrants it.
Most of my computers are not x86-compatible. Applications I write tend to target the 68k, PowerPC, SPARC, and x86 architectures.
“Once you prove something, it becomes trivial.” — Manuel Blum
Greens Fork, IN, United States
Member for 3 years, 3 months
5 profile views
Last seen Jun 18 at 12:44
Top network posts
- 31 Are there still systems around with a /bin/sh binary?
- 29 Equivalents to '.msi' and to 'setup.exe' files in Debian or Ubuntu?
- 22 How can I list the messages in my mailbox?
- 19 My script produces the same output when using $RANDOM
- 17 What is the difference between pidof and pgrep?
- 16 Does POSIX limit the number of directories in the os root?
- 15 Why is find piping in non directories when the “-type d” test is used?
- View more network posts →