Computational linguist, among other things.
At various times in my life I've explored music composition and performance, digital art, game creation (both traditional and video), writing (both academic and fiction), programming, and so much more.
Being a creative person often requires tools of some sort, and for me this often means software. When possible, I aim for open-source software, I like text-interfaces because these tend to be composable and scriptable, which allows for easy automation of repetitive tasks. When such tools aren't readily available, I've even been known to create my own.
I may not be an adventurer, but my life revolves around exploration.
Greens Fork, IN, United States
Member for 4 years, 10 months
5 profile views
Last seen Feb 4 at 8:43
Top network posts
- 31 Are there still systems around with a /bin/sh binary?
- 31 How can I list the messages in my mailbox?
- 29 Equivalents to '.msi' and to 'setup.exe' files in Debian or Ubuntu?
- 22 What is the difference between pidof and pgrep?
- 21 Why process killed with nohup
- 19 My script produces the same output when using $RANDOM
- 17 Does POSIX limit the number of directories in the os root?
- View more network posts →