Maths Student, Linux enthusiast and martial Artist.
I am a graduate in Mathematics from Kings College London.
I tinker with Linux and my current project is to get a working touchscreen interface on my HP Stream Tablet. I use, Arch, debian, ubuntu and mint. Haven't decided which I prefer yet.
My main style of martial art is Shorinji kempo, a style that specialises in wristlocks, and strikes to accupoints. It also has various healing techniques designed to relieve the pain and damage done by both wrist locks and strikes of this kind.
I am keen to stress that unlike many people I do not accept the idea of ki or Qi or Chi as a life energy. I also do not accept the notion of meridians as anything other than a way to find accupoints. Nor do I believe that accupressure or accupuncture has uses beyond those noted above. There is too much medical evidence for me to doubt it's ineffectiveness.
Member for 4 years, 9 months
11 profile views
Last seen Aug 20 '18 at 11:09
Top network posts
- 10 Is bowing a universal sign of respect across all martial arts?
- 8 Is there any specific name for a move when a fighter dodges their opponent's punch and counter-punches at the same time?
- 7 Sometimes while fighting, people stand still and let their enemy attack. Why?
- 6 Why is Krav Maga expensive?
- 6 Warning because addgroup tries to create an already existing user group
- 6 32bit EFI with 64 bit linux OS. Can it be done?
- 5 Are there striking or weapon styles that use hip tilt?
- View more network posts →