I refer others to these posts constantly; I may as well put them here.
Shell Scripting Basics
- Why is using a shell loop to process text considered bad practice?
- Why does my shell script choke on whitespace or other special characters?
- Why is printf better than echo?
- Why is looping over find's output bad practice?
- Are there naming conventions for variables in shell scripts?
- What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- Have backticks (i.e. `cmd`) in *sh shells been deprecated?
Also highly recommended:
BadgesView all badges
Top tagsView all tags
Dec 4, 2015
Dec 9, 2022
Dec 20, 2016
Aug 16, 2016
Jan 12, 2018
Jul 31, 2016
Sep 23, 2016
Top network postsView all network posts