I refer others to these posts constantly; I may as well put them here.
Shell Scripting Basics
- Why is using a shell loop to process text considered bad practice?
- Why does my shell script choke on whitespace or other special characters?
- Why is printf better than echo?
- Why is looping over find's output bad practice?
- Are there naming conventions for variables in shell scripts?
- What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- Have backticks (i.e. `cmd`) in *sh shells been deprecated?
Also highly recommended:
BadgesView all badges
Top tagsView all tags
Dec 4 '15
Aug 16 '16
Jan 12 '18
Jul 31 '16
Oct 24 '15
Sep 23 '16
Top network postsView all network posts