Currently working as a software developer, supporting bioinformatics.
Two beautiful things in Unix:
- Pipelines, and
- The pattern-action mechanism of
Scripts I'm using daily when answering questions on the Unix & Linux site:
- Shell toolbox: provides a
shellcommand that creates a "temporary shell" in a disposable directory and clean environment. Useful for testing things.
I'm a Dvorak keyboard user, but generally a nice guy, really.
"Nothing new will be said here, nor have I any skill in composition. Therefore I do not imagine that I can benefit others. I have done this to perfume my own mind." -- Śāntideva, Bodhicaryāvatāra
Member for 7 years, 3 months
95 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top Network Posts
- 137 Process with weird random name consuming significant network and CPU resources. Is someone hacking me?
- 107 How is this command legal ? "> file1 < file2 cat"
- 85 Why does a program with fork() sometimes print its output multiple times
- 81 How can I kill minerd malware on an AWS EC2 instance? (compromised server)
- 73 How can I harden bash scripts against causing harm when changed in the future?
- 70 renaming a huge folder: is it risky?
- 69 How do I escape double and single quotes in sed?
- View more network posts →