I studied information science and did computers from the old Commodore VC-20 onwards.
I started during study as pc-admin for DOS, Windows, WfW and all related software and hardware stuff.
Later I switched over to servers, starting with linux-samba and NT 3.5/4.0.
My first job made me a Solaris admin in a huge company with over 500 solaris servers. There I got every day a new interesting problem that I have never encountered before.
My next job brought me into project management and later back to system administration - mainly Linux. It was frustrating to manage a project when you knew that doing the admin`s job yourselv would have the current step finished in less than 30 minutes...
Member for 7 years, 11 months
29 profile views
Last seen Nov 17 '15 at 21:27
- Unix & Linux 13.1k 13.1k 77 gold badges3737 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Server Fault 6.9k 6.9k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 348 348 33 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 342 342 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Martial Arts 153 153 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 113 What is the difference between /tmp and /var/tmp?
- 83 How does tcp-keepalive work in ssh?
- 77 Can I "export" functions in bash?
- 52 How to force MySQL to connect by TCP instead of a Unix socket?
- 46 rsync compare directories?
- 26 How do you omit "./" when running scripts on current directory
- 24 How to trace a java-program?
- View more network posts →