International IT Director for Mission Without Borders
Longtime Unix/Linux user (first used 1984, professional since 1988).
Enjoying a bit of a change with Windows (professional, on and off, since 1988).
Know which I prefer.
Ad hoc consulting enquiries welcome by email to info @ roaima.co.uk. (I try to reply to everyone. Please check your spam folder for replies as Gmail really doesn't like me.)
Feel free to buy me a coffee should you want to do so. I can particularly recommend Machu Picchu from Café Direct if you'd like to try something yourself. Or you can donate to Mission Without Borders and help our ongoing work in Eastern Europe.
- Unix & Linux 79k 79k 1111 gold badges104104 silver badges198198 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.5k 1.5k 1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 449 449 55 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 257 257 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 89 Why is scp so slow and how to make it faster?
- 76 How to rsync files between two remotes?
- 76 Why do I have to use sudo for almost everything?
- 72 How to copy a folder recursively in an idempotent way using cp?
- 45 How to read dmesg from previous session? (dmesg.0)
- 45 How to set window size and location of an application on screen via command line?
- 44 iptables and RETURN target
- View more network posts →