International IT Director for Mission Without Borders
Longtime Unix/Linux user (first used 1984, professional since 1988).
Enjoying a bit of a change with Windows (professional, on and off, since 1988).
Know which I prefer.
Ad hoc consulting enquiries welcome by email to info @ roaima.co.uk. (I try to reply to everyone. Please check your spam folder for replies as Gmail really doesn't like me.)
Feel free to buy me a coffee should you want to do so. I can particularly recommend Machu Picchu from Café Direct if you'd like to try something yourself. Or you can donate to Mission Without Borders and help our ongoing work in Eastern Europe.
Member for 5 years, 6 months
38 profile views
Last seen Aug 6 at 18:30
- Unix & Linux 62.3k 62.3k 99 gold badges8484 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.4k 1.4k 1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Super User 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 320 320 44 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 121 121 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 77 Why do I have to use sudo for almost everything?
- 70 Why is scp so slow and how to make it faster?
- 62 How to rsync files between two remotes?
- 55 How to copy a folder recursively in an idempotent way using cp?
- 43 Why can't I kill a SIGSTOP'd process with a SIGTERM, and where is the pending signal stored?
- 42 iptables and RETURN target
- 40 How to read dmesg from previous session? (dmesg.0)
- View more network posts →