International IT manager for Mission Without Borders
Ad hoc consulting enquiries welcome by email to info @ roaima.co.uk.
Longtime Unix/Linux user (first used 1984, professional since 1988).
Enjoying a bit of a change with Windows (professional, on and off, since 1988).
Know which I prefer.
Member for 4 years, 9 months
34 profile views
Last seen Oct 11 at 9:15
- Unix & Linux 50.9k 50.9k 77 gold badges6767 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.2k 1.2k 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Super User 994 994 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 307 307 44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 111 111 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 75 Why do I have to use sudo for almost everything?
- 58 Why is scp so slow and how to make it faster?
- 54 How to copy a folder recursively in an idempotent way using cp?
- 49 How to rsync files between two remotes?
- 41 Why can't I kill a SIGSTOP'd process with a SIGTERM, and where is the pending signal stored?
- 32 Is there a oneliner that converts a binary file from little endian to big endian?
- 32 one-liner vs script
- View more network posts →