International IT manager for Mission Without Borders
Ad hoc consulting enquiries welcome by email to info @ roaima.co.uk.
Longtime Unix/Linux user (first used 1984, professional since 1988).
Enjoying a bit of a change with Windows (professional, on and off, since 1988).
Know which I prefer.
Member for 4 years, 10 months
34 profile views
Last seen Nov 18 at 11:13
- Unix & Linux 53.2k 53.2k 88 gold badges7171 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.3k 1.3k 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Super User 1k 1k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 321 321 44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 113 113 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 76 Why do I have to use sudo for almost everything?
- 59 Why is scp so slow and how to make it faster?
- 54 How to copy a folder recursively in an idempotent way using cp?
- 52 How to rsync files between two remotes?
- 41 Why can't I kill a SIGSTOP'd process with a SIGTERM, and where is the pending signal stored?
- 33 one-liner vs script
- 32 Is there a oneliner that converts a binary file from little endian to big endian?
- View more network posts →