In unix.stackexchange.com, there're at least
6 7 questions (see below) about USB flash memories that become read-only. In superuser.com, there're many, and the user bwDraco wrote a "canonical" question and answer. Other questions are labeled as duplicate of that question. It was based on this meta question.
I think unix.stackexchange.com needs a similar solution, i.e.: (1) Give a summary of that question in superuser.com, and put the link to it. (2) Mark existing quetions as its duplicates. (It's beyond my privilege.)
Any idea? I've asked dwDraco for a comment, too.
The list of such questions I've found is here:
- USB forcely turn write protection off
- USB Disk Read-only, cannot format - Turn off write-protection
- How to format write protected SD card
- How to remove write-protection (or read-only) from a USB flash disk?
- Remove USB flash-drive write-protection
- Flash memory and set to read only , Is it virus?
- Disk on key is read only on every computer