So, we got two terminals emulator named "terminator":
The issue lies that I know of questions using terminator for referring to the later when the tag wiki/excerpt refers to the former, and there's simply no way to tell them apart other that answer them and hope that you assumed correctly which. Luckily, is only applied to 22 question, so solving the problem before there's a sudden influx of new questions due popularity of either, is relatively easy, yet I am unsure how to approach it:
- Create a gnome-terminator tag, retag the ones that are about it and create their tag wiki/excerpt indicating the difference.
- Rename terminator to jessies.org-terminator (java-terminator is outright out, since it gives the impression that is something related to Java), create gnome-terminator or jones-terminator, retag accordingly, and create a tag wiki/excerpt indicating the differences.
- Do nothing and wait until the bomb explodes.
Now, there are some problems with each of the approaches:
- People don't read tag wiki/excerpt and they could indistinctly use both tag to refer to any of three terminal emulators, yeah, GNOME Terminal can be confused with it.
- The naming scheme can be seen cluttered and give the impression to users that that's not what they are asking about, through both should appear when they type "terminator".
- I don't need to explain why is the worst possible solution, right?
So, I don't know if the tag tips can be of any help here, adding a warning for each tag that serves as click-trhough to try and make sure the users use the correct tag for their question, or any other approach.