Up to this point I have only considered doing the following, all of which I feel are within the etiquette of this site:
- Poor Formatting (ie, properly formatting code)
- Edits to commands that are either obviously wrong or corrected in the comments. (for example,
find -type -f to
find -type f)
- Adding/fixing links (especially since new users have a limit on the links they can post).
I think the following could be appropriate, but would like to see what others think:
- Fixing the grammar of posts written by users who are not very fluent in English. I don't mean fixing every grammar/spelling mistake (I have certainly made many), but simply making questions readable if they are good questions simply written by someone who doesn't speak English well.
- Putting Warnings on code that could be especially harmful.
- Adding a small amount of information to an otherwise excellent post. Often someone has 90% of the answer and I only see the need to point one small thing out. I often post this as a comment, but sometimes it would be nice to have it as part of the answer.