My old account was 23640, but suddenly I'm on a new account (42687). I had a bunch of questions on my old account; how do I recover it?

  • you need to log in with the same username and password as before...
    – MattDMo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 16:35
  • If you know what email address you used to sign up, there's an account recovery form at unix.stackexchange.com/users/account-recovery ; if you want to merge this account with your other one, there's a contact address at unix.stackexchange.com/help/user-merge (both those links are available from the 'help' link at the top of any page, then looking under the My Account section).
    – user4443
    Jul 9, 2013 at 17:08

1 Answer 1


drewbenn's comment covers it; you need to use the account recovery page to fix it. Once you do get into your old account, you should register it so you can login in the future

You must log in to answer this question.